(1) 32oz Powerade, reg $1.69. Walgreen's in-ad coupon made them $.89 + MFG coupon for .75/1, making it $.14!!
(1) box Snuggle Fabric Softener, reg $3.49 on sale for $1.99. MFG coupon for 1.00/1 made it .99!
(2) 12oz bags Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms, reg $3.19 on sale for 2/$4. Walgreen's IVC coupon (available in-store) was 1.00/2, making it 2/$3, or $1.50 each as long as your purchased 2 bags. I added 2 MFG coupons for .75/1 making each bag $.75!
(1) Sippy Cup, reg $1 (not on sale, no coupon... used as a filler to bring my pre-tax total to $5 so I could use my RR worth $5)
(1) RR coupon, worth $5 (RR's like free money at Walgreen's... it's part of their incentive program. I'll post more about it soon).
Total Retail Price: $16.26
Total OOP: $1.03 Yes, that's right!! Only $1!!
Total Savings: $15.23
Walgreen's & RiteAid have a bunch of additional ways to use coupons, some of which confused me in the beginning. So, don't get too hung up on the details of how I got away with such a steal. If it doesn't make sense, don't worry... it will. Just ask if you have questions. Otherwise, I'll soon be posting more about how to shop with coupons and Walgreen's & Rite Aid.

5 comments:
I can't believe you got all that for $1! That's awesome. I want to jump on board the coupon train, but I've gotta admit it's rather confusing. We need to talk on Friday. I need some tips.
That is awesome. I need to learn enough patience to do this sort of thing because the savings would totally make it worth while! I am impressed!
Sweet!! Where do you get the Walgreen coupons though? Are they in the paper?
Me again...I decided to search for the Walgreens weekly ad. I am sure you already know this but I was excited to find that if you go to Walgreens.com you can pull up the weekly ad by your zip code. You can create your own shopping list from the ad and print it and the coupons. Now I don't have to wait for the paper to come on Sunday! Yeah for me :)
hey meagan, this was a good idea. I am starting the collection of coupons. I have no idea what i'm doing, but at least i took the first step. also, on your family blog, we can't comment anymore? I looked and looked and it doesn't show the "posted by" line with time and comment option. Didn't know if you knew. wish me luck with couponing! ;)
Post a Comment